Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Guess Who's Not Coming to Dinner

UPDATE: RESPONSE BELOW


Dear Sweet Holy Moshiach,

We would like to invite you to our temple rebuilding party NOW in Jerusalem. We hear you are wonderful company and it would be a real pleasure to have you among us. As you arrive, please beware of the
flying benches,
soaring books,
airborne shtenders,
burning garbage,
pipebombs,
name-calling,
face-slapping,
hate and violence.
Unfortunately many of our guests tend to get a little rowdy when they are kept waiting too long. We expect the delay to have been worth it, but be advised that in the meantime all semblance of sanity has left our people. If it’s any consolation, many of the guests we hope to attract will not be waiting for you and have no idea that you exist, but from the rest of us, you can expect a huge sigh of relief. All in all we expect everyone to be pleasantly surprised by your arrival. We hope you will not get too frightened by the mob scene and pandemonium that await your arrival as we very much look forward to having you celebrate this new world order with us.

Believing and waiting impatiently,
Your (confused and frightened) supporters in need of serious salvation.


Disclaimer: Any resemblance to real persons or situations is purely a fabrication of your (or my) guilty conscience. Please note that this post is not meant to point a finger at anyone, it's actually pointing every finger at everyone.. we all need to WAKE UP..

Beautiful response to the post above (thanks flör)

Dear Supporters(s),

I like to thank you for your kind words, support and inherent belief in my arrival. Sadly, I have had to make some stops along that way that hadn't been factored into the schedule, but hey-- what can you do? Gd does as Gd plans.

Interesting you warn me of these shenanigans..there are times I could swear I hear the ruckus all the way here! When that happens I stop to listen more closely..usually this is accompanied by a great wave of despondence on my part; a sadness so tremendous it takes me weeks to recover.

Then again there are those times -while few and far-between- I hear music in the wind that wends it's way down the long dusy paths of my travels. Clear notes awash in purity, drenched in tears and saturated with longing..and all the while the sun beams down in pride, and the celestial beings glow. Bluest-of-blue waves cavort along the pristine beaches; giggling as they crash on home..the tens of thousands grains of sand wait patiently.

Famished from my long trek-- goodness knows I'm looking forward to the grand feast that awaits. Delicacies of creamy sacrificial offerings, scintillating dithyrambs and manificent...ah, but I'm getting ahead of myself..

Be advised that though I may be 'late', never fear I will forget, or worse-- never arrive. Would I like to be there promptly? Absolutely. But as of now the road is long. I keep my eye upon the great white building in the distance; that magnificent edifice with a golden 'crown' glinting round it's roof. Faint column of smoke rising from the courtyard..do I imagine that sweet scent now on the breeze?

Yours Truly [madly & deeply],
SHM (Sweet Holy Mashiach)

p.s.- Please, keep up those musical bits, I put them on lay-away so we'll have more to dance to coming up..in addition to them to keep me going. Will email when I get to the next rest stop (45 mi).

24 Comments:

At Tuesday, November 21, 2006 11:45:00 PM, Blogger Esther said...

ouch. that is harsh.

 
At Wednesday, November 22, 2006 12:19:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We really are in need of salvation.
Let's hope he doesn't see your post, and get scared off. :)

 
At Wednesday, November 22, 2006 9:08:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry, not in good taste.

 
At Wednesday, November 22, 2006 9:19:00 AM, Blogger anonym00kie said...

why not? you dont think we are in a real mess? not one day goes by that i dont read about another jew to jew disaster..we seriously need to wake up..

 
At Wednesday, November 22, 2006 11:35:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

where did you ship this to?
I want to knwo the address!
One of the waiters(impatiently so)

 
At Wednesday, November 22, 2006 11:35:00 AM, Blogger socialworker/frustrated mom said...

Very strong but not bad.

 
At Wednesday, November 22, 2006 11:36:00 AM, Blogger Scraps said...

Oy...so sad, and so true.

 
At Wednesday, November 22, 2006 12:09:00 PM, Blogger David_on_the_Lake said...

Great Post...
Like I said in my post last week...We have to send a clear message from the bottom up...we will not stand for this.
Ponovizh had a dinner this week..It shouldve been boycotted until they find a way to stop fighting..Rebbes..Rabbonim..Roshei Yeshiva..need to get the message that no ones honor comes before achdus and peace...

 
At Wednesday, November 22, 2006 12:13:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does honesty offend?
Sometimes the truth does hurt

 
At Wednesday, November 22, 2006 3:06:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

mookie-

i wanted to punch you. then i reread your post and decided to forgo the violence :-)

but seriously-

your post was necessary....and hurtful.

The violence must stop, of course. And kudos for having the courage for bringing up the topic which may land you in the blogger dog house. Those who are actually doing the fighting feel their cause is worthy of the fight, and telling them otherwise is heresy. But for the rest of us, we appreciate your taking a stand which will hopefully wake up the complacent (me included).

BUT,

despite the disclaimer, the post is clearly an excoriation directed at certain groups and incidents (esp. when the post comes just hours after a certain incident..); and being a part of one those groups, it really hurts when you're critisized in public. Yes, your right, and 99 percent of us agree with you. We know our flaws, and we discuss it candidly between ourselves (and yes, some of us even try to change the status quo), but to hear it from an outsider is offensive. Very.

So, to sum up, great post, thanks for not pointing fingers, and i really hope you won't get hit by a fusillade of flying anchovi.

*smile*

and a gutten chodesh!

 
At Wednesday, November 22, 2006 4:31:00 PM, Blogger Chasidishe Shaigitz said...

Strong words but from a soft (caring) heart.

Its the frustrating truth and very well said.

 
At Wednesday, November 22, 2006 9:44:00 PM, Blogger ;iulu said...

Beautiful in it's tragedy.
Sad in it's truth.
Aching in it's pains..





Dear Supporters(s),

I like to thank you for your kind words, support and inherent belief in my arrival. Sadly, I have had to make some stops along that way that hadn't been factored into the schedule, but hey-- what can you do? Gd does as Gd plans.

Interesting you warn me of these shenanigans..there are times I could swear I hear the ruckus all the way here! When that happens I stop to listen more closely..usually this is accompanied by a great wave of despondence on my part; a sadness so tremendous it takes me weeks to recover.

Then again there are those times -while few and far-between- I hear music in the wind that wends it's way down the long dusy paths of my travels. Clear notes awash in purity, drenched in tears and saturated with longing..and all the while the sun beams down in pride, and the celestial beings glow. Bluest-of-blue waves cavort along the pristine beaches; giggling as they crash on home..the tens of thousands grains of sand wait patiently.

Famished from my long trek-- goodness knows I'm looking forward to the grand feast that awaits. Delicacies of creamy sacrificial offerings, scintillating dithyrambs and manificent...ah, but I'm getting ahead of myself..


Be advised that though I may be 'late', never fear I will forget, or worse-- never arrive. Would I like to be there promptly? Absolutely. But as of now the road is long. I keep my eye upon the great white building in the distance; that magnificent edifice with a golden 'crown' glinting round it's roof. Faint column of smoke rising from the courtyard..do I imagine that sweet scent now on the breeze?

Yours Truly [madly & deeply],

SHM (Sweet Holy Mashiach)

p.s.- Please, keep up those musical bits, I put them on lay-away so we'll have more to dance to coming up..in addition to them to keep me going. Will email when I get to the next rest stop (45 mi).

ciao.

 
At Wednesday, November 22, 2006 9:50:00 PM, Blogger ;iulu said...

pps- pls. excuse any grammar/punctuation errors above [and there are a few] as it is quarter-to-five in the morning and I haven't slept in three days..

 
At Thursday, November 23, 2006 3:16:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

guess who IS coming to dinner! he'll come- he has come! despite our outrageousness.
he'd better

 
At Thursday, November 23, 2006 5:54:00 AM, Blogger ;iulu said...

anon- 'course he will!

He comes whether we've reached enormous heights or sadly sunk so low Hashem has no other choice but to yank us out by sending the ultimate redemption..

 
At Friday, November 24, 2006 7:37:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow,that's a good response, although not the one I wated to hear.

 
At Friday, November 24, 2006 8:52:00 AM, Blogger kasamba said...

What a fantastic original inspiring post!!!

 
At Friday, November 24, 2006 1:50:00 PM, Blogger David_on_the_Lake said...

Shabbat Shalom

 
At Saturday, November 25, 2006 10:10:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A new world order sounds so utopian. I find you blog to be incredibly moving in a quiet unassuming way. You are quite the artist and a woman to boot! I am glad you visited my blog!

 
At Monday, December 25, 2006 3:57:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I liked the article.
BUT he is not far away. He is right here ready to come in.

 
At Sunday, February 04, 2007 2:59:00 PM, Blogger Avi said...

Wow. And because bloggemmenters tend to use the term loosely, I'll add: WOW!
Beautifully written.
I was rather shocked by the shocked reactions of the earlier commenters. My personal feeling was - well, "wow," but you knew that already - you managed to address a wildly disturbing issue with class, good taste and practical advice. I think that's very verry wowable.

(And yes, I'm working my way through your whole blog. I don't know how it happened, but I see you comment on Dovid's blog, I tend to like your comments and I never end up here... I'm enjoying.)

 
At Sunday, February 04, 2007 3:05:00 PM, Blogger anonym00kie said...

avi, so fun to be getting all these comments from you..
but its a beautiful freezing sunday afternoon.. maybe some outdoors would be a nice change from my endless rambling? :)
my blog will be here next week.. you can keep going thru it later :)

and btw.. thanks for all the wowing :)

 
At Monday, February 05, 2007 1:04:00 AM, Blogger Avi said...

Thanks for the advice. I lost an ear to frostbite.

And now: on to M00kie in October...

PS I don't really blog that much so I've never noticed the font options. Did you have to do that pandemonium thingy manually (html...)? Either way, I'm not sure if I'm impressed or disturbed. :)

 
At Monday, February 05, 2007 1:11:00 AM, Blogger anonym00kie said...

i did it manually..
be disturbed
be very disturbed..

(but i didnt code or anything, its part of blogger, u can just click on colors - its not THAT hard :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?