Thursday, November 02, 2006

everything is illuminated


Lehagid baboker chasdecha ve'emunat'cha baleilot (Tehillim (92:3)

David hamelech comes through once again..

Emunah isn’t blind belief - it's belief based on knowledge.. the knowledge I acquired when my vision was clear.

In the morning, the sun shines and it provides me with a vivid understanding of G-d’s kindness - and it’s a pleasure to give praise.

But when nighttime comes, and it gets dark and gloomy, confusing and obscure, I suddenly don't see what's right in front of me so clearly. It’s at that time that I trust my belief, my conviction based on the clarity I experienced earlier.

The permanence of His existence isn’t dependent on my clarity of vision.

Objects don’t cease existing when the light is turned off – I just rely on my other senses and have confidence in the memories created when there was illumination.

In the darkness of the night, I trust that what I saw with such clarity in the daytime is still there.
My emunah is awakened.. and I continue to seek.. and praise.


14 Comments:

At Friday, November 03, 2006 12:20:00 AM, Blogger Nemo said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At Friday, November 03, 2006 1:56:00 AM, Blogger smb said...

Love reading your journey. You could really write a book if you wanted.

 
At Friday, November 03, 2006 1:33:00 PM, Blogger David_on_the_Lake said...

This is one of the most profound in its brilliant simplicity..posts I've ever read...

 
At Friday, November 03, 2006 1:37:00 PM, Blogger socialworker/frustrated mom said...

That was so beautiful and smart the way you linked your other posts loved it.

 
At Saturday, November 04, 2006 8:37:00 PM, Blogger Duby said...

i agree with lvnsm27. mooks should be writing a book.

let's poll. if u think m00ks should write a book, vote.


i'll start.

1

 
At Saturday, November 04, 2006 8:38:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i second the motion

2




josh

 
At Saturday, November 04, 2006 8:41:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

3

 
At Saturday, November 04, 2006 9:52:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

4
cm(a.k.a. "S")



and my wife

5

 
At Sunday, November 05, 2006 1:36:00 AM, Blogger Sara with NO H said...

I agree on the book idea. Excellent post. Seriously though I think this was a great post.

p.s. did you know the song is clipped?

 
At Sunday, November 05, 2006 2:34:00 AM, Blogger anonym00kie said...

1st comment - no need to delete!

Lvnsm27 - thanks. maybe once i know the ending :)

david_on_the_lake -
thanks, i also felt that way when i first heard these ideas. i felt like i knew the concepts but finding a passuk that went with them was really inpiring.

socialworker/frustrated mom - glad you enjoyed..

Duby and all the anonymouses - thanks for the vote of confidence heh

sara with no h - seriously? :)
and what do you mean by clipped?

 
At Sunday, November 05, 2006 7:08:00 AM, Blogger Sarah Likes Green said...

excellent words, thanks for sharing your journey/challenges.

 
At Monday, November 06, 2006 11:20:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

6
7
8
and 9

duby is a bear too......

 
At Monday, November 06, 2006 7:15:00 PM, Blogger kasamba said...

Beautifully evocotive!


I love how you express yourself!

 
At Monday, February 12, 2007 12:31:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heya!
Ok, where were we...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?