Tuesday, November 07, 2006

battle cry


I HAVE TO FACE MY FEARS
~HEAD ON~

enough running away, enough hiding, enough pretending, enough avoiding

FEAR is the mind killer
fear is the MIND killer
fear is the mind KILLER

I have to kill it before it kills me


time is flying ahead, afraid of nothing
and I’m falling behind..

i need to beat the !*#$% out of it
IT’S NOT REAL!!


What am i so afraid of? I mean, honestly!! what's going to happen? someone wont like me? i'll upset someone? i'll fail at something? my boss wont be happy? my parents will be disapointed? i wont be as incredibly brilliant and amazing as i want to delude myself into believing i am? what the heck am i so afraid of? why it does it paralyze me this way? i'm intelligent, i'm rational, i'm self aware, so how does it just always manage to hijack my sanity and corner me into submission. there is no outcome that is more painful than the regrets i have. There is no situation I cant handle, I really beleive that. I've overcome, I've surpassed, I'm capable - so how does it manage to sneak into the tiny slivers of doubt i have an inflate them into brick walls I can't get past.
I just have to get past it. the price is too high. i can't stop time , so i better make the most of it while it's around. i HAVE to stop being afraid.


There are no monsters under my bed..it's just dirty old socks!!
UPDATE - I FACED MY FEAR!!! and am alive to blog about it.. woooohoooo more power to meeeeee!

9 Comments:

At Tuesday, November 07, 2006 11:12:00 AM, Blogger smb said...

very true

 
At Tuesday, November 07, 2006 2:40:00 PM, Blogger socialworker/frustrated mom said...

I agree and beautifully expressed.

 
At Tuesday, November 07, 2006 2:51:00 PM, Blogger yeshivaguy said...

Do you read Stephen King? If you did, you'd know that there are monsters everywhere. In the closet and in the dog and in the sewer and in the car and in the furnace and in the spaceship buried in the backyard and in the vacation home, and, yes, even under the bed, but mostly in the head.

 
At Tuesday, November 07, 2006 8:57:00 PM, Blogger David_on_the_Lake said...

LOL....I have the same monster under my bed!

As FDR once said...The only thing to fear is fear itself..

you said it far better though..
:-)

 
At Wednesday, November 08, 2006 8:05:00 AM, Blogger chaverah said...

wew all have things that we fear. To face them head on is the biggest acomplishment. good luck to us all!

 
At Wednesday, November 08, 2006 8:00:00 PM, Blogger Sara with NO H said...

Did you ever see the movie Donnie Darko? THe whole fear concept of this post reminded me of it SO much.
I'm scared of some of the silliest things. Well, silly to some people but not to myself. I don't mind running from a few things in life. Just as long as one doesn't let it control them.

 
At Wednesday, November 08, 2006 8:05:00 PM, Blogger Jessica said...

such good points, I feel inspired to conquer MY fears as well!

 
At Thursday, November 09, 2006 4:02:00 AM, Blogger Sarah Likes Green said...

oh so very true...

and there was only dust and a heap of junk under my bed but I vacccumed so now there's only junk ;)

 
At Thursday, November 09, 2006 11:37:00 PM, Blogger pobody's nerfect. said...

i recently ate a fortune cookie whose line of wisdom was actually quite inspiring... "It takes guts to get out of the ruts."

Course, the next one I ate had to top that. It read, "Please come back later. Cookies need their sleep, too."

Who writes these things, and how do i get hooked up?!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?