Friday, June 16, 2006

chasdei hashem

I got a job!
After months on this long and grueling job search
I have finally found a job I look forward to starting!
I have written so many resumes, cover letters, emails, thank you notes... but this is the one I've enjoyed writing the most!

Dear G-d,

I am pleased to inform You, that I have accepted the job offer You have sent me. I have enjoyed our many conversations and feel that my experience with this job seeking process has made me a stronger, more confident person. As I mentioned a number of times, I firmly believe that I am ready for this next stage in my life and I am grateful for the confidence you have shown me. Obtaining this job was the first step in achieving my goals and I am eternally thankful for the great opportunity You have provided me with. I appreciate that throughout this long, energy draining, heart-wrenching job search You have not given up on me and have given me the strength to hold on. I am especially thankful for the camaraderie and support I have found in others.

I have spent a good deal of time reviewing this process, and I am confident that it was conducted with my best interest in mind. Although there were times when it seemed like it would never be resolved, and times when I had difficulty making sense of it, it has become abundantly clear to me that a clearly defined plan was being followed. My goal now is to apply the lessons I have learned in this situation to future challenges that arise and I look forward to being able to use these newly developed skills in establishing a long-standing relationship with You. In addition to finding me a job which will help me fulfill my material needs, I especially feel appreciative for the kind of job You have found me. I look forward to utilizing the knowledge and experience I have amassed in an intellectually stimulating yet meaningful way. As my resume indicates, I have been trained in various fields but my career goals have always been to utilize these skills and experiences to work in my community and to develop a closer relationship with my Boss through this work. I strongly beleive that this job offers me a perfect opportunity to use my talents to pursue this goal.

Many thanks again for Your interest in me, for Your patience with me, and for all Your assistance. I am confident that this is the next step in the development of a rewarding and successful relationship between us.

Sincerely,
Anonym00kie

p.s. special thanks to:

joe - for the kick in the butt, for setting my head on straight, for your clear headed advice and most importantly for scrubs

eran - for your patience, your confidence in me, and your kind and caring poopiliciousness

and to the millions and billions and gazillions of others who have had to hear me whine, vent, cry, despair and beg for encouragement, who have helped me out and given me good advice, who have been patient with me and my kookiness and mostly who have given me the energy and the confidence not to give up - you have no idea how helpful you've been.

thank you thank you thank you!


29 Comments:

At Friday, June 16, 2006 2:48:00 AM, Blogger Chasidic Bochur said...

YAY!!!

things strating to roll in the right direction.

good luck & see everything positive:-)

 
At Friday, June 16, 2006 4:25:00 AM, Blogger the only way i know said...

Mookie,

That was a STUNNING post!!!
I love to hear conversation with G-d talk - it's so inspiring!

Congrats and Good Luck -
It sounds so exciting!!

 
At Friday, June 16, 2006 9:08:00 AM, Blogger chaverah said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At Friday, June 16, 2006 9:08:00 AM, Blogger chaverah said...

congrats! i wish you success! and when you are rich and famous i could say i knew you way back when, lol!

 
At Friday, June 16, 2006 10:23:00 AM, Blogger ggggg said...

Congratulations! I am so happy for you. I know you will do well in your new position! That was such a nice thing to do, to write a thank you letter to God!

 
At Friday, June 16, 2006 10:31:00 AM, Blogger kasamba said...

YAY!!!!!
(Mexican wave!)
Well done!
I love the Hakaras Hatov you show our Creator! You are fab!!!

 
At Friday, June 16, 2006 12:11:00 PM, Blogger David_on_the_Lake said...

Isnt it beautiful..when you see and feel his love so clearly...??
Congrats...and enjoy what u do..
:-)

 
At Friday, June 16, 2006 1:32:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

congratulations

dont forget to steal lots of office supplies and spend hours debating reality shows by the water cooler.

 
At Friday, June 16, 2006 2:27:00 PM, Blogger s.J. said...

whoohoo!
start rollin in the big ones!








uhljbyt

 
At Friday, June 16, 2006 2:50:00 PM, Blogger A Frum Idealist said...

Congratulations!!

 
At Friday, June 16, 2006 2:53:00 PM, Blogger socialworker/frustrated mom said...

Congrats, beautiful letter to express your gratitude. I hear your strength in the letter. Happy you are feeling good.

 
At Friday, June 16, 2006 3:30:00 PM, Blogger FrumGirl said...

Congrats on both levels you mention!

 
At Friday, June 16, 2006 3:57:00 PM, Blogger anonym00kie said...

a chasidic buchar:
yes finally! I’m so excited to find out where im headed..

the only way i know:
thanks :) it is exciting. There’s nothing like new beginnings!

notahottie:
thank you!

chaverah said...
oh no.. good thing im anonymous :)

lakewood venter said...
thanks. I’ve written so many insincere brown-nosing letters recently, im so glad to finally write one that I mean!

kasamba:
thanks :)

david:
it really is incredible , such a blessing!

joe in ny:
the dibs steal the office supplies, the north american kikes write thank you letters ad nauseum – get your stereotypes straight!

s.j:
you didn’t read through the whole post, did you? I said I got a job working in the community!! not expecting any big ones to roll in.. unless I take up joe’s advice.
need a stapler?

a frum idealist:
thanks!!

socialworker/frustrated mom:
I’m happy too!! so so happy - thanks!

frumgirl:
Thanks!

 
At Friday, June 16, 2006 4:35:00 PM, Blogger s.J. said...

wait wait wait.
i read the whole thing.
but in my infinite stupidity, i understand you sorta sent your resume to god. and can't he deal out as he pleases?





scoww

 
At Friday, June 16, 2006 5:04:00 PM, Blogger anonym00kie said...

s.j.:
infinite stupidity? you must be hiding it well.
and you're right, G-d can deal out as He pleases... but apparently He's chosen to save the big ones for after 120!
the big x-mas bonus in the sky!

 
At Friday, June 16, 2006 5:41:00 PM, Blogger Mimi said...

A letter to G-d. Interesting. I just wrote one also on my blog, although different. Feels right and good, hah?

Congratulations!

 
At Friday, June 16, 2006 6:37:00 PM, Blogger anonym00kie said...

yeshivishguy!!!! :)
i am leaving it!
but i didnt tell my boss yet :) so shhhhhhhh..
but be happy for me! this is such a good step in the right direction..
mission 1 accomplished..
now.... on to mission 2.. hope you still keep me in mind :)

mimi:
thanks!
i just stopped by your blog, looks like good stuff, thanks for finding me!

 
At Friday, June 16, 2006 11:57:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love this letter..
i want to write one just like it..
thank you

ps
mazal tov

 
At Saturday, June 17, 2006 4:39:00 AM, Blogger Sarah Likes Green said...

congratulations! great letter :) (and picture too!)

shavua tov.

 
At Sunday, June 18, 2006 12:23:00 AM, Blogger s.J. said...

and the best part is, it's chirstmas everyday in heaven.








jxxxf

 
At Sunday, June 18, 2006 4:05:00 AM, Blogger smb said...

congrates

 
At Sunday, June 18, 2006 11:33:00 AM, Blogger zenjew said...

mazal tov!

kol haschalos kashos--all beginnings are difficult--but you seem to have begun on the correct foot...its so important to keep that connection with your Source in the ruthless and fake dog-eat-dog world. and important to keep that connection with your blogosphere.

best wishes at the new job.

 
At Sunday, June 18, 2006 11:42:00 PM, Blogger Lady-Light said...

Mazal Tov on your new job! I hope you LOVE working there and look forward to getting up & going to work every day.
I read in (I believe her name is)Alice Koller's book An Unknown Woman, that most people have 'jobs', but the fortunate few have 'work' - the thing they look forward to doing and accomplishing every day, not just 'a job', but more your soul fulfilment, or even life's 'raison d'etre'. I hope you have found your WORK.

 
At Monday, June 19, 2006 12:33:00 AM, Blogger Jim said...

I second what lady-light said, good for you, finally. And on the break up you have to do, good luck with that.

Great letter, He'll enjoy it.

 
At Monday, June 19, 2006 4:16:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

p00p00lixxx

 
At Monday, June 19, 2006 5:01:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

mazel tov

 
At Monday, June 19, 2006 6:18:00 PM, Blogger anonym00kie said...

thank you all for your mazaltovs and your congrats and your good wishes and good advice, i really appreciate it :)

eran.. good luck on your new career :P

 
At Wednesday, July 12, 2006 2:47:00 AM, Blogger OrthodoxJew said...

Ah! Beautiful. G-dly. Sweet. Holy. "Jew-is-beautiful" gives it four tzitzi's up! Can I put a link to this on my blog? Awesome. Yaniv...

 
At Monday, February 12, 2007 12:47:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I was a child ("blah, blah, you still are...blah") my dad would come home from shul every morning and recite the day's Hayom Yom. He'd invariably preface it with "This morning's Hayom Yom answered EVERYTHING I've been thinking of..."
So, "This morning's Anonym00kie spoke RIGHT to my day's issues..."

And as I would tell my dad each morning: "Eh."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?